Friday, September 16, 2011

Admonition of an Owl. An Allegory by Marither

Once there was a big male python living in a big trunk of a tree.  He waits for his prey to get into the trunk to feed him for a day, then hibernates.
An old owl noticed what the python was doing, and warned every animal that will try to get in the python’s den.

A skeptic skunk was near the tree, when the owl saw and warned the skunk,
“be careful skunk, a python is in the trunk.”
“I don’t believe unless I see, for sure there are lots of food stored for me”,
the skeptic skunk was curious and went to see,
but as days passed by, the skunk didn’t come out of the tree.
*
A curious rat was near the tree, when the owl saw and warned the rat,
“be careful rat, a python is in the trunk.”
“I’m curious to find out, if something happened to me, then I’ll shout”,
the rat was curious and went to see, but as days gone by, it never came out of the tree.
*
An audacious cat was near the tree, when the owl saw and warned the cat,
“be careful cat, a python is in the trunk.”
“I’m not scared of anything.” so the cat was brave enough to see, but as days gone by, it never came out of the tree.
*
A naive rabbit was near the tree, when the owl saw and warned the rabbit,
“be careful rabbit, a python is in the trunk.”
“Thank you owl, I rather go back home than take the risk”, the rabbit went back home and warned the rest of the rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment